Past Unique Dobermans Buyers Testimony and Experiences
Jan, Elizabeth "Lizzie" has turned into a jaw-dropping, stunning, inordinately sweet while paradoxically fiercely protective dog. She's 9 months old today, approximately 75 lbs, a slab of steel, and beloved by virtually every child, doorman and butcher in the Carnegie Hill neighborhood.
I've now seen her when she's protective. Truthfully, I almost wet my pants, and that was nothing compared to the two construction workers who came way to close to us from the rear while we were walking in the park (I was with another dog owner, a slight woman walking a 6-8 lb. Dog next to 75 Lb. Lizzie. The two dogs are the best of friends). She turned, the fur raised on her neck, showed every one of her teeth plus 5 more I swear she bought for the occasion, and roared. All of Central Park turned suddenly quiet (I swear. It was quite the moment).
OTOH, she has the best social skills of any dog I've had (that's a lot of dogs, including 5 other Dobermans). She gets down on her stomach for small dogs, flies up in the air and twirls for large dogs, lets every child approach and pet, and generally charms the pants off everyone.
She's now famous in the park. All the bird watchers know her, and so do the Conservancy rangers. If you are ever here in New York, you will be feted by more people than you can imagine. Your baby is a palpable star (really). BTW, you were right. She will easily exceed 80 lbs. She is not some fragile, doll-like female. She's all muscle and all brains all the time.
Hi Jan, Life has been going on..with a few challenges. That, however , is nothing new to you! An update on Trey: He is SO Smart!! He has only had 1 "accident" in the house in 9 or 10 days. YAAAA!!! Getting much better on the bitting ..he knows what NO means, but because he is a Dobe he challenges once in awhile. We are amazed at his ability to know who he is familiar with, and strangers. Love it when the hair stands up on his back, and he barks at people!!! There are certain things that he will do that absolutely take my breath away, because it is something that Joe did. He also makes me smile and laugh a lot, so..as I told you before.........I am sure that God Knew I was going to need someone to help heal the hurt of losing Joe. Thank you......we Love Trey!
I just want to express to you how grateful and blessed I am to have Natasha. She came into Arrow and my life when our hearts were broken from the loss of my older Dobie, Kleo. She lifted our spirits, made us laugh, taught her brother how to play with and without toys and changed tears to endless smiles and laughter, and love. At work she starts everyone's day with kisses, smiles and a series of new tricks she has learned....even on her weekly visits to the main office she is the star. Now we have learned that her brother Arrow has osteosarcoma and his time with us is getting short. But she still keeps us smiling, plays more gently with him, has taken over alerting to anyone near the house and is the first one to defend the yard, which was his job...she makes sure he comes in the house and is more than willing to help him finish his dinner, not that there is anything left.
She is making this so much easier for me and Arrow that I know she is a gift from god...
THANK YOU AND BRUCE so much. Love Always Cheryl
I am interested in buying another puppy from you if you still have any available. I absolutely love the dog you sold me approximately two and a half years ago, and I'd like him to have a friend.
He is the best dog I've ever had.
Thanks again and I hope to talk with you soon.
Hi Jan, I hope this email finds you well. Our not so little anymore Ziek is so wonderful. He is such a character, is full of energy and personality, and we love him dearly. He definitely keeps us on our toes I can tell you.
I have been meaning to send you some recent photos which I will do on my return from this business trip.
We have also been looking at your recent litters of puppies and the number of reds you have is heart-warming and also brings a smile to my face.
Such beautiful dogs you have and breed.
1. Hi Jan I just wanted to email you and let you know the puppy we got from you about 4 months ago is so great. We love him so much and he has the best temperament. I Also he is so big he is already over 50 pounds. I just can't say enough good things about this puppy. Thank You, Nicole
2. Hope all is well. A few pix of Arie attached He just returned from 3 weeks of dog training with an ex-marine dog trainer. It's amazing how smart he is. Take Care Randy
3. I will be getting my baby girl in a week and your website has given me a lot of information that I needed/wanted to hear from a doberman breeder that has been doing it for a while. Thank You again for your help. Brent
4. Your website is wonderful-- easy to use & such beautiful pictures! Your horses & dogs are gorgeous.
5. We, too, are doberman lovers. We have one female, Jett, 7 1/2 years old, and just think she is the best dog ever. We rescued her from a shelter at 4 months old. Her "breeder" dumped her & her 2 sisters because he was tired of trying to sell them. She is our 3 year old's best friend-- she's loved him since the first moment we brought him home. She also seems to feel the same way about our new baby, 2 months old. She also loves our other pets- cats & a beagle & a papillon.
I was intrigued by your site for several reasons. First, your dobes are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen! We want another Doberman, so I was looking at your puppy pages. I fear, though, that we would not be able to afford to purchase one. I know that puppies of such high quality have a larger price, and it is worth every penny.
7. However, other things caught my eye- your vaccinations page & the raw diet. After reading about the raw diet, I think we may start feeding in this manner. I have a very dear friend of many years, whom I respect immensely, & she, too, feeds raw & has issues with vaccines. She's just about convinced me to switch to raw, and after reading your site, I believe I will. Your dobes certainly look to be thriving on it!
8. I also would like to commend you for your great job in describing in detail what type of dog the Doberman is and the lifestyle that is best for them. So many are only into making money off of them-- it's so nice to see a breeder with a solid program and a true love of the breed.
9. I'm sorry to have written such a long message, but I am so impressed, and am now a big fan of the Sunny Brook Ranch Doberman. Best wishes to you, your family and your animals. Sincerely, Denise Mount Juliet, TN
10. Hi Jan...Macha is doing wonderfully. She is already potty trained and is so obedient I am thinking about doing some Obed. work with her. She is the best puppy I have ever had (including my own). She is a joy and we love her to pieces.. Best Regards, Lisande
11. Good evening, We are very impressed with your site. Of all the breeder sites we’ve looked at, we like your philosophy the best. We are interested in learning more about the male puppy that is available on the website. However, we would be just as happy with a black female from an upcoming litter as a household pet. Thank you so much for your information on the internet. I have enjoyed reading your Comments. Thank you for taking the time to help educate the population in Doberman Life… Mr. Woods Fort Wayne, Indiana
Jan: Sorry we haven't gotten back to you in awhile. Life is busy with a new puppy who thinks she is queen of the house! We love her to pieces. She sleeps on her back on the furniture! She follows Chip everywhere and goes to work with him. She is so full of energy. Tests came out okay. She had all her shots and the ears are doing okay. She is 6 month old and weighs about 55 lbs. We will send pictures soon. Thanks again Chip and Family
13. Jan, I just wanted to get you a couple pics of Marlee (Doberman) and Mia (Schnauzer). They love each to death and cannot stand to be apart from each other. These pics were taken about a month or two ago. Marlee is sprouting up fast!! Mike
Zee is doing wonderful.. He will start his IPO training on the 16th. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when I leave him at the training facility. I take him to the stores all the time and he gets such compliments all the time. I had a woman ask me the other day where I had his ears done. I told her it was a long drive to Oregon but it would be worth it. She agreed.. lol..
I don't know if you saw these pictures I sent a short while back but here they are again. I will take some more before I drop him off for training and send them on over... I love your breeding program and definitely plan on buying a female from you in the next couple of years. I couldn't be happier with Zee. I do think he is going to be smaller than his dad. He weighs 75 lbs now and has been there for a couple of months now. His feet are still big so I'm hoping to get a couple more inches out of him. We'll find out sooner or later...
Well here are the pics and I look forward to seeing more pics of the puppies and your dogs...
Take Care, Terri
I know, Jan, he's a beauty!! Thank you!!! (Last time he was at the vet, Dr. Marlow called all the staff in to see the "handsome boy!") AND he is SO smart! He already knows: come, sit, down, kennel and today I've started "shake-a-paw." The intelligence does come at a price though haha. He's very calculating - knows when to make a pass by the kitchen counter, jump up and grab something. (Yes, he is tall enough to do that already, God help us when he's full grown - right now I'm able to move stuff to the back where he can't reach it...)
Hi Jan, Just wanted to share the most recent picture of Ruby. She is turning out to be the most wonderful girl; she is excellent in her obedience training and just the sweetest girl!
Morning Jan, Cura is one happy pup. She is one smart girl. We just love her to pieces.:-) she likes to sit up on her stump to scan her world. She sat there quite awhile when she found the two baby calves next door, calves were romping around.
Thanks Jan when we take her out in public everybody stops and tells us how beautiful she is, her behavior is what to be expected at seven months but we are working diligently with her she is obviously very intelligent, she gets to play with lots of other dogs which is very important. We just measured her from the ground to her shoulder and is 25 inches and she weighs 65 pounds (6 months).
Hi Jan: Chip and Mari here. Well, it's been 9 years since we adopted Jade and she was the light of our lives. It is with heavy heart that we tell you she passed away today. She became short of breath, we took her to the emergency vet and discovered a very large tumor pushing on her heart causing fluid and heart failure. The heart then was pushing on the esophagus, she went peacefully with family 12 hours later. It was fast and peaceful. We know that her father Ernie has since passed on and I believe her mother Cinderella as well, she is with them. We loved her so much, thank you for letting us adopt her. Sincerely, Chip and Mari
CONTACT US HERE
541-99O - 8 O 97 jan "AT" unique dobermans . com TO EMAIL US, REPLACE "AT" WITH THE @ SYMBOL AND REMOVE THE SPACES. If I don't answer my cell phone please try your call again later or send a text, I often do not receive voice mail that is left if I'm not in a digital area.